- Ultralight: Minimum weight is 1.12 kg / 2 lb 7 oz; two Fast & Light options from .73 kg / 1 lb 10 oz.
- Maximum Space: Head and elbow room throughout tent; large side entry vestibule to store gear.
- Livable: Large StayDry™ door with built-in rain gutter; adaptable, cross-ventilating rainfly.
- Easy Setup & Packing: Unified hub-and-pole system with color-coded clips; ultra-compact compression stuff sack.
Full list of features
- Optimized symmetrical geometry and non-tapered floor
- Large, easy-entry D-shaped StayDry™ door and vestibule
- Side entry zipper orientation
- Rainfly kickstand vent
- Adjustable rainfly (roll-up vestibule & stargazer view)
- Light gray rainfly color (neutral light)
- Adjustable integrated stake-out loops
- Lightweight reflective guy-outs
- Durable high-tenacity nylon fabrics
- Reinforced Infinity bar tacks and lap-felled seams
- Durashield™-coated rainfly and bathtub-style floor
- Compression stuff sack with pull handle
|Fast & Light® Weight w/ footprint (Standard)||2 lbs 1 oz|
|Fast & Light® Weight w/ footprint (Metric)||0.93 kg|
|Minimum Weight (Standard)||2 lbs 7 oz|
|Minimum Weight (Metric)||1.12 kg|
|Packed Weight (Standard)||2 lbs 14 oz|
|Packed Weight (Metric)||1.29 kg|
|Floor Area (Standard)||18 sq. ft|
|Floor Area (Metric)||1.67 sq. m|
|Vestibule Area (Standard)||9 sq. ft|
|Vestibule Area (Metric)||0.84 sq. m|
|Tent Volume (Standard)||26 cu. ft|
|Tent Volume (Metric)||736 liters|
|Number of Poles||1 DAC Featherlite NFL|
|Interior Peak Height (Standard)||36 in|
|Interior Peak Height (Metric)||91 cm|
|Packed Size (Standard)||18 x 6 in|
|Packed Size (Metric)||46 x 15 cm|
|Number of Doors||1|
|Rainfly Fabric||20D ripstop nylon 1200mm Durashield|
|Canopy Fabric||20D ripstop nylon|
|Mesh Type||15D nylon micromesh|
|Floor Fabric||30D ripstop nylon 3000mm Durashield|
|Vestibule Volume (Metric)||241 liters|
|Vestibule Volume (Standard)||8.5 cu. ft|
|Country of Origin||Imported|
What defines "waterproof" in a tent and what does the "mm" rating mean?
What do the letters D and T after the fabrics mean?
What are some different configuration of the tarps and wings?
Why should I get a footprint?
How should I store my tent?
For long-term storage, keep your tent in a dry and cool area, out of direct sunlight. Store it outside of its stuff sack, as you would a sleeping bag, in a breathable, over-sized cotton or mesh duffel for protection. On the cheap, an old pillowcase is ideal.
How long will a tent last?
What are packaged and minimum weights?
Many MSR backpacking tents can be pitched using only the rainfly, poles and footprint, and in our tent specs we call this non-industry standard setup option our Fast & Light weight.
To learn more about packaged weight vs. minimum, and the manufacturing processes that can affect them, check out our blog post on the topic.
How do I guy out my tent with the included tensioners?
How do I prevent mildew?
What's the best way to clean my tent?
Do I need to seam seal my tent?
What causes condensation and how do I reduce it in my tent?
- Weather Conditions: High humidity, low temperatures, and rainy conditions create the most condensation.
- People: We produce about 1 - 2 pints of moisture per night through breathing and skin evaporation.
- Wet Environment: Wet ground or wet gear stored inside the tent.
To start, the tent body and ceiling are made of breathable and mesh fabrics. This allows moisture to escape the interior of your tent. However, it must also be able to escape the waterproof fly, and every MSR rainfly has a peak vent that provides protection from the outside, while still allowing essential, free-flowing fresh air to move through your tent. You can also leave a door open in good weather, or take advantage of the double sliders on the doors to vent from the top where warm and moist air tends to accumulate. Make sure to leave at least two vents open if possible, allowing any breeze to provide cross-flow ventilation for maximum circulation. Guying out your rainfly will also increase ventilation in hot or humid conditions.
Video: What causes condensation in a tent