Operator™ Backcountry & Basecamp Shovel
- Strong: 6061-T6 hard-anodized, lightweight aluminum with TIG-welded blade/shaft interface, and neckless blade design for maximum durability.
- Aggressive: Blade’s traditional flat chopping face delivers a stable strike, while its serrated leading edge breaks up snow and ice.
- Fast Deployment: Two-section, non-rotational telescoping shaft and fast lockpin provide rapid, hassle-free deployment.
- Ergonomic: Meticulously engineered handles optimize comfort, control and leverage with all glove types to minimize hand fatigue.
- Versatile: Shaft’s upper section fits equally well into the blade, allowing you to choose the shovel length you need. Blade’s flat back shaves smooth snow pit walls or offers a platform for stoves.
Available with low-profile T-handle or utilitarian D-handle.
|D Handle||T Handle|
|Country of Origin||Taiwan||Taiwan|
|Length (Metric)||88 cm||84 cm|
|Length (Standard)||34.6 in||33 in|
|Weight (Metric)||0.67 kg||0.66 kg|
|Weight (Standard)||1 lbs 8 oz||1 lbs 7 oz|
We Believe in What We Build
We know that in the backcountry, reliable gear is critical. That’s why MSR gear has always been engineered to the highest quality standards and rigorously tested before it reaches you.
Seattle Repair Shop
If your MSR gear is in need of repair, our technicians will work to find you a solution as quickly as possible. A majority of the time, MSR products can be repaired.
If you are experiencing an issue that you feel falls under the MSR Limited Warranty, we’re here to help with that too. Please contact our team to get started.