Go ultralight on backpacking, trekking and summer-mountaineering adventures with MSR® Swift™ 3 Trekking Poles. Engineered for those who travel fast or take on technical terrain, these compact, three-section poles are made of ultralight and strong 7,000-series aluminum. Their streamlined design is built around our low-profile SureLock™ Adjustment System, which replaces unreliable friction-based locks with an easy-to-adjust, positive-locking mechanism. Ventilated straps and ergonomic foam grips ensure comfort.
- SureLock™ System: Positive-locking mechanism delivers the confidence of absolute no-slip performance.
- Streamlined Construction: Manually operated SureLock™ System for those seeking a minimalist design and light-and-fast performance.
- Ultralight Strength: Light, strong and reliable 7000-series aerospace-grade aluminum.
- Foam Comfort Grip: Ultralight, ergonomic design fits a broad range of hand sizes, and ventilated strap provides breathability in summer weather.
- Effortless Swing: Low-profile adjustment high on the pole minimizes swing weight.
|Weight (Standard)||16 oz|
|Weight (Metric)||450 g|
|Length, min (Standard)||43 in|
|Length, min (Metric)||110 cm|
|Length, max (Standard)||55 in|
|Length, max (Metric)||140 cm|
|Collapsed length (Standard)||22.44 in|
|Collapsed length (Metric)||57 cm|
|Product Name||Swift 3|
|Country of Origin||China|
January 22, 2016
No, I would not recommend this to a friend
Tough to retract
These poles are very sturdy once fully extended. I've used them through the Narrows of Zion and up 14ers in CO. At 180 lbs, I can easily lean my body weight on these and feel confident they won't accidentally retract or snap on me. However, after much abuse and getting pounded by boulders in creeks, the poles have had a tendency to not retract very easily. The poles tend to get stuck half way through the closing process and a lot of effort has to be put in to pounding them again a hard surface to get the final few pegs to retract all the way. Other than this, the poles are solid and are highly recommended.
We know that in the backcountry, reliable gear is critical. That’s why MSR gear has always been engineered to the highest quality standards and rigorously tested before it reaches you. If your MSR gear is in need of repair, please contact our Seattle Repair Shop at 1-800-531-9531 and our technicians will work to find you a solution as quickly as possible. A majority of the time, MSR products can be repaired. If you are experiencing an issue with your product that you feel should be covered under the MSR Limited Warranty, please visit msrgear.com/warranty for more info.