Mutha Hubba™ NX 3-Person Backpacking Tent
- Ultralight: Minimum weight is 2.07 kg (4 lb 9 oz); Fast & Light option is just 1.66 kg (3 lb 11 oz).
- Maximum Space: Head and elbow room throughout tent; two large side-entry vestibules to store gear.
- Livable: Two large StayDry™ doors with built-in rain gutters; adaptable, cross-ventilating rainfly.
- Easy Setup & Packing: Unified hub-and-pole system with color-coded clips; ultra-compact compression stuff sack.
- Optimized symmetrical geometry and non-tapered floor
- Large, easy-entry D-shaped StayDry™ door and vestibule
- Side entry zipper orientation
- Rainfly kickstand vent
- Adjustable rainfly (roll-up vestibule & stargazer view)
- Light gray rainfly color (neutral light)
- Adjustable integrated stake-out loops
- Lightweight reflective guy-outs
- Durable high-tenacity nylon fabrics
- Reinforced Infinity bar tacks and lap-felled seams
- Durashield™-coated rainfly and bathtub-style floor
- Compression stuff sack with pull handle
- Freestanding Fast & Light® setup options allow you to set up tent with rainfly only for ultra-minimalist trips.
- Side entry zipper orientation allows vestibule door to hang out of your way for unrestricted access.
- Large StayDry™ door features built-in rain gutter and waterpoof taped seams for reliable weather protection.
- Kickstand vent in rainfly aligns with mesh window to provide fresh air and minimize condensation, keeping interior dry and comfortable.
- Ultra-compact, side-loading compression stuff sack can also be folded inward and secured with compression straps to fit optimally in your backpack.
Compatible with the Universal 3 Person Regular Footprint, sold separately
For long-term storage, keep your tent in a dry and cool area, out of direct sunlight. Store it outside of its stuff sack, as you would a sleeping bag, in a breathable, over-sized cotton or mesh duffel for protection. On the cheap, an old pillowcase is ideal.
- Weather Conditions: High humidity, low temperatures, and rainy conditions create the most condensation.
- People: We produce about 1 - 2 pints of moisture per night through breathing and skin evaporation.
- Wet Environment: Wet ground or wet gear stored inside the tent.
To start, the tent body and ceiling are made of breathable and mesh fabrics. This allows moisture to escape the interior of your tent. However, it must also be able to escape the waterproof fly, and every MSR rainfly has a peak vent that provides protection from the outside, while still allowing essential, free-flowing fresh air to move through your tent. You can also leave a door open in good weather, or take advantage of the double sliders on the doors to vent from the top where warm and moist air tends to accumulate. Make sure to leave at least two vents open if possible, allowing any breeze to provide cross-flow ventilation for maximum circulation. Guying out your rainfly will also increase ventilation in hot or humid conditions.
Video: What causes condensation in a tent
At MSR, we voluntarily follow ASTM International F 1934-98 standards around these two tent industry terms. In accordance with this standard, packaged weight includes the total weight of the packaged contents off the shelf. Minimum weight, by comparison, refers to the combined weight of the tent body, rainfly (if applicable) and tent poles, but not any of the other items that may appear in the package, such as tent stakes, guy cords, stuff sack, etc.
Many MSR backpacking tents can be pitched using only the rainfly, poles and footprint, and in our tent specs we call this non-industry standard setup option our Fast & Light weight.
To learn more about packaged weight vs. minimum, and the manufacturing processes that can affect them, check out our blog post on the topic.
Here are a few reasons for those weight variances:
- Coating variances: The thickness in coatings on tent fabric can vary a bit from one tent to another. Fabrics are produced in batches and called “lots,” and there can be a slight weight difference between lots as well as within lots.
- Fabric variances: Because tent fabric is hand cut in up to 200 layers at once, some pieces may be cut just outside the line, making certain parts slightly larger and thus heavier.
- Scale accuracy: At MSR, weights are determined using our calibrated lab scales, which are more accurate than normal household scales.
- Added products: Brands may decide at the last minute to include more stakes or guy cords, which will add to the packaged weight.
Free Shipping on Orders over $50
We offer complimentary FedEx Ground shipping for US orders over $50. Learn More
Orders Shipped in 1-2 Days
We do our best to get all orders out within one business day, Monday through Friday. Learn More
No Hassle Returns
We accept returns within 30 days of purchase. All returned items must be in new condition. Please be sure no dirt, grass or pet hair is on the item you are returning. Learn More
We Believe in What We Build
At MSR, we take pride in engineering the highest-quality outdoor gear available, and we stand behind everything we make. MSR gear is built to be exceptionally durable and easily repaired. And we back it up with the best service in the industry, all to keep your gear performing for you—and out of landfills. Visit our MSR Warranty page for more info.