DynaLock™ Ascent Carbon Backcountry Poles
From fast ascents to remote traverses, DynaLock Ascent Poles keep snowshoers, mountaineers and splitboarders moving quickly on mountain objectives. Built of Kevlar-reinforced carbon fiber, these ultralight poles feature a quick-deploy design, and their tiny collapsed size fits inside alpine packs and travel bags. Equipped with our DynaLock mechanism, they offer 20 cm of length adjustability, and the ability to tighten the clamping force on the fly for no-slip security—perfect whether you’re bagging volcanoes or pushing hard from first light to last.
- Ultralight Strength: Kevlar®-reinforced carbon fiber construction.
- Packable: Quick-deploy design folds small to stash easily in smaller packs.
- Secure Adjustment: 20 cm of easy, rock-solid DynaLock™ adjustability with tool-free tensioning; anodized aluminum lever provides lasting durability.
- Comfortable: EVA foam grip, plus lower grip for sidehilling or choking up on steep terrain.
- Versatile: Winter and summer baskets included for four-season functionality. *Kevlar trademark is owned by E. I. Pont De Nemours and Company
|Small 100-120cm||Large 120-140cm|
|Weight (Standard)||1 lbs 1 oz||1 lbs 2 oz|
|Weight (Metric)||0.47 kg||0.50 kg|
|Length, min (Standard)||39 in||47 in|
|Length, min (Metric)||100 cm||120 cm|
|Length, max (Standard)||47 in||55 in|
|Length, max (Metric)||120 cm||140 cm|
|Collapsed length (Standard)||14.25 in||17.5 in|
|Collapsed length (Metric)||36.2 cm||44.5 cm|
|Country of Origin||Taiwan||Taiwan|
Free Shipping on Orders over $50
We offer complimentary FedEx Ground shipping for US orders over $50. Learn More
Orders Shipped in 1-2 Days
We do our best to get all orders out within one business day, Monday through Friday. Learn More
No Hassle Returns
We accept returns within 30 days of purchase. All returned items must be in new condition. Please be sure no dirt, grass or pet hair is on the item you are returning. Learn More
We Believe in What We Build
At MSR, we take pride in engineering the highest-quality outdoor gear available, and we stand behind everything we make. MSR gear is built to be exceptionally durable and easily repaired. And we back it up with the best service in the industry, all to keep your gear performing for you—and out of landfills. Visit our MSR Warranty page for more info.