DynaLock™ Ascent Carbon Backcountry Poles
From fast ascents to remote traverses, DynaLock Ascent Poles keep snowshoers, mountaineers and splitboarders moving quickly on mountain objectives. Built of Kevlar-reinforced carbon fiber, these ultralight poles feature a quick-deploy design, and their tiny collapsed size fits inside alpine packs and travel bags. Equipped with our DynaLock mechanism, they offer 20 cm of length adjustability, and the ability to tighten the clamping force on the fly for no-slip security—perfect whether you’re bagging volcanoes or pushing hard from first light to last.
- Ultralight Strength: Kevlar®-reinforced carbon fiber construction.
- Packable: Quick-deploy design folds small to stash easily in smaller packs.
- Secure Adjustment: 20 cm of easy, rock-solid DynaLock™ adjustability with tool-free tensioning; anodized aluminum lever provides lasting durability.
- Comfortable: EVA foam grip, plus lower grip for sidehilling or choking up on steep terrain.
- Versatile: Winter and summer baskets included for four-season functionality. *Kevlar trademark is owned by E. I. Pont De Nemours and Company
|Small 100-120cm||Large 120-140cm|
|Weight (Standard)||1 lbs 1 oz||1 lbs 2 oz|
|Weight (Metric)||0.47 kg||0.50 kg|
|Length, min (Standard)||39 in||47 in|
|Length, min (Metric)||100 cm||120 cm|
|Length, max (Standard)||47 in||55 in|
|Length, max (Metric)||120 cm||140 cm|
|Collapsed length (Standard)||14.25 in||17.5 in|
|Collapsed length (Metric)||36.2 cm||44.5 cm|
|Country of Origin||Taiwan||Taiwan|
We Believe in What We Build
We know that in the backcountry, reliable gear is critical. That’s why MSR gear has always been engineered to the highest quality standards and rigorously tested before it reaches you.
Seattle Repair Shop
If your MSR gear is in need of repair, our technicians will work to find you a solution as quickly as possible. A majority of the time, MSR products can be repaired.
If you are experiencing an issue that you feel falls under the MSR Limited Warranty, we’re here to help with that too. Please contact our team to get started.