Habiscape™ Lounge 4-Person Family & Group Camping Tent
Habiscape™ Lounge 4-Person Family & Group Camping Tent
If you are looking for a three-season camping tent that has something extra, the Habiscape Lounge 4 is for you. Not only is it ideal for adventurous families and groups thanks to its comfortable performance and thoughtful features, it also features an oversized vestibule area that can become a shaded front lounge area (just add chairs) or a gear shed for bikes, shoes and more.
The Inside: Designed to make tent life comfortable and organized, the Habiscape Lounge offers plenty of space, standing height and pockets for everyone, including high pockets that keep items away from little hands. Light up the interior with ceiling loops, perfect for lanterns or string lights. And a balance of mesh and solid fabric provides both privacy and airflow.
The Outside: The best feature of the Habiscape Lounge is, you guessed it, the lounge area. An oversized vestibule space and large door can be set up as a gear shed or shaded front porch that you won’t want to leave. You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to set up this large tent, even by yourself (we know little campers aren’t always the most helpful). And two large interior doors make bringing in big mattresses or cots effortless.
The Bottom Line: With an even larger vestibule than the regular Habiscape, the Habiscape Lounge 4 is the perfect tent plus porch/storage for making family camping memories or as a luxurious basecamp for multisport adventures.
- Lounge Space: Oversized front vestibule provides tons of space for chairs or gear; large door can be rolled completely out of the way, to the side for partial coverage, or turned into a shaded front porch or gear shed with the 8-foot MSR Accessory Poles (sold separately)
- Quick Setup: The symmetrical design makes pole placement and setup intuitive and easy, even for one person
- Super Livable: Room for the whole family with 62.5 square feet of floor space and 73 inches of headroom, enough that even taller adults have room to stand
- Easy Access: Two doors make choosing a setup spot easier and streamlines in-and-out for the whole group, while wide door openings make getting large mattresses inside a breeze
- Pass-Thru Pocket: A unique bugproof pocket that’s accessible from both inside and outside the tent is perfect for essentials and items you need quickly, like car keys, sunscreen and headlamps
- Organization: 10 pockets, placed high and low so the whole family can reach (or not reach), keep all the things organized and out of the way; the tent storage bag also converts into an additional hanging pocket
- Overhead Options: Ceiling loops let you customize your camp space with accessories like lanterns, string lights and laundry lines
- Includes: Tent body, rainfly, poles, stakes, guy lines, stuff sack, setup instructions
Compatible with the Universal 4 Person Large Footprint, sold separately
For long-term storage, keep your tent in a dry and cool area, out of direct sunlight. Store it outside of its stuff sack, as you would a sleeping bag, in a breathable, over-sized cotton or mesh duffel for protection. On the cheap, an old pillowcase is ideal.
- Weather Conditions: High humidity, low temperatures, and rainy conditions create the most condensation.
- People: We produce about 1 - 2 pints of moisture per night through breathing and skin evaporation.
- Wet Environment: Wet ground or wet gear stored inside the tent.
To start, the tent body and ceiling are made of breathable and mesh fabrics. This allows moisture to escape the interior of your tent. However, it must also be able to escape the waterproof fly, and every MSR rainfly has a peak vent that provides protection from the outside, while still allowing essential, free-flowing fresh air to move through your tent. You can also leave a door open in good weather, or take advantage of the double sliders on the doors to vent from the top where warm and moist air tends to accumulate. Make sure to leave at least two vents open if possible, allowing any breeze to provide cross-flow ventilation for maximum circulation. Guying out your rainfly will also increase ventilation in hot or humid conditions.
Video: What causes condensation in a tent
At MSR, we voluntarily follow ASTM International F 1934-98 standards around these two tent industry terms. In accordance with this standard, packaged weight includes the total weight of the packaged contents off the shelf. Minimum weight, by comparison, refers to the combined weight of the tent body, rainfly (if applicable) and tent poles, but not any of the other items that may appear in the package, such as tent stakes, guy cords, stuff sack, etc.
Many MSR backpacking tents can be pitched using only the rainfly, poles and footprint, and in our tent specs we call this non-industry standard setup option our Fast & Light weight.
To learn more about packaged weight vs. minimum, and the manufacturing processes that can affect them, check out our blog post on the topic.
Here are a few reasons for those weight variances:
- Coating variances: The thickness in coatings on tent fabric can vary a bit from one tent to another. Fabrics are produced in batches and called “lots,” and there can be a slight weight difference between lots as well as within lots.
- Fabric variances: Because tent fabric is hand cut in up to 200 layers at once, some pieces may be cut just outside the line, making certain parts slightly larger and thus heavier.
- Scale accuracy: At MSR, weights are determined using our calibrated lab scales, which are more accurate than normal household scales.
- Added products: Brands may decide at the last minute to include more stakes or guy cords, which will add to the packaged weight.
If you start to notice leaks along your seams, seam sealing can make them waterproof again, extending the life of your tent. The process can be easier than you might think. We put together this video to help guide you through.
We Believe in What We Build
We know that in the backcountry, reliable gear is critical. That’s why MSR gear has always been engineered to the highest quality standards and rigorously tested before it reaches you.
Seattle Repair Shop
If your MSR gear is in need of repair, our technicians will work to find you a solution as quickly as possible. A majority of the time, MSR products can be repaired.
If you are experiencing an issue that you feel falls under the MSR Limited Warranty, we’re here to help with that too. Please contact our team to get started.